- 350g Durum Wheat Semolina Flour
- 75g 00 Flour
- 250ml Eggzi Pasteurised Egg Yolks
- 5mls Olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon Sea Salt
Free Range Egg Yolk Pasta Recipe
In a bowl mix your flours together with the sea salt
Pour the flours out onto a bench and form a mound with a hole in the centre to put your liquids.
Pour your liquids into the centre and slowly with your hand begin to work the flour from the walls into the eggs.
It will become quite messy, but that is normal, just keep working it altogether.
Once combined clean your bench and dust it with flour, now you have to knead the dough on the bench for roughly 5 minutes until its all combined.
Wrap the dough in plastic and set aside in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
Remove and cut it into strips, cover with a damp cloth as you roll each piece of dough out.
Next roll the pasta out to the required pasta shape you need to make.
We have displayed the following pasta shapes:
Serve your pasta with a simple Ragu.
Tips and Hints
- The longer you need the dough the better the gluten works and makes it easier to roll out
- Make sure you rest the dough for enough time in the fridge as it allows the gluten to bind and relax making it easy for rolling.
- Only use the best ingredients you can find.
- Because this dough is already salted you don’t really need to salt your water, but if you like me and love salt I also salt the water
- Serve your pasta with a simple Ragu, my favourite is a tomato based lamb Ragu with Pappardelle pasta