Eggzi (“Eggzi”) respects the privacy of every individual and is committed to protecting the personal data it collects in accordance with the principles set out in this Policy.
In this Policy, “personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identification number or to one or more factors specific to the person’s physical, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database), whether true or not, and whether recorded in a material form or not, about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.
Personal Data Collection
Personal data must be sufficiently detailed for Eggzi to effectively conduct its businesses.
You are not required to supply any of the personal data that we may request. However, if the personal data we request is not provided, we may not be able to provide services in the most effective or efficient manner, or at all, or you may not be able to be a service provider to Eggzi.
We only collect personal data for our business purposes, as set out at “Use and Disclosure of Personal Data” below and in accordance with any applicable privacy / data protection laws.
In exceptional circumstances we may also be required by law to disclose or otherwise process your personal information. We will tell you, when we ask you to provide information about yourself, if provision of the requested information is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation or, on the other hand, if it is purely voluntary. Otherwise you should assume that we need the information for our business or compliance purposes (as described below).
Depending on the business purpose, the personal data we collect may include:
- when you as a customer or the personnel of customers, or are a recipient or sender of goods or services provided by us, create an account or use or receive the benefit of our services, we, or our service providers acting on our behalf, may collect the following types of information: your name, date of birth, driver number ID, personal ID, address, phone, email, full bank account details and/or credit card numbers that you link to your account or input when you use our services. We will use this information to fulfil your requests and provide the relevant services;
- we may require you to provide additional information which we may use in collaboration with service providers acting on our behalf to verify your identity or address, and to manage our exposure to risk. This information may include your date of birth, taxpayer or government identification number, a copy of your government-issued identification, a photo of you, or other personal information. We may also obtain information about you from third parties such as credit bureaus and identity verification services;
- whenever you contact us or respond to our communications (e.g., email, telephone, correspond in writing), we receive your contact information and any other personal information you choose to provide us. We will use such information to fulfil your requests or if you are our customer or the personnel of customers, or the recipient or sender of goods or services provided by us, to provide services;
- you may choose to provide us with access to certain personal information stored by third parties such as social media sites (such as Facebook and Instagram). The information we have access to varies by site and is controlled by your privacy settings on that site and your authorisation;
- we collect personal information when you as a customer or the personnel of customers, or a recipient or sender of goods or services provided by us, use or request information about our services, subscribe to marketing communications, request support, complete surveys, or sign up for an event or webinar;
- we also collect personal information from you offline as a customer or the personnel of customers, or a recipient or sender of goods or services provided by us, such as when you attend one of our events, when you contact customer support, or when you give us a business card (or similar) . We may use this information in combination with other information we collect about you.
- information relating to your business relationship with Eggzi, including previous services provided by Eggzi to you (as a customer or the personnel of customers, or a recipient or sender of goods or services provided by us) or provided by you to Eggzi (in any other case);
- information about your professional role, background and interests;
- financial information;
- if we have a business relationship with the organisation that you represent, your colleagues or other business contacts may give us information about you such as your contact details or details of your role in the relationship;
- from third party data providers or publicly available sources for anti-money-laundering, background checking and similar purposes, and to protect our business and comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- if you exchange emails, telephone conversations or other electronic communications with our employees and other staff members, our information technology systems will record details of those conversations, sometimes including their content; or
- some of our premises may have closed circuit TV systems or other monitoring devices which may record you if you visit our premises, for security and safety purposes.
We generally collect personal data directly from you in person, in writing, by telephone, email or via our websites, or by giving us a business card (or similar).
We will only collect personal data to the extent that it is required for the specific purposes set out in this policy or notified to you at the time of collection.
Collection of Information via our Websites
When you visit one of our websites, information about your computer or web device is automatically recorded by our website. This includes your IP address and associated domain name (e.g. yourcompany.com), the date and time of your visit to our site, the pages you accessed or downloaded, the address of the last site you visited, your operating system and the type of browser you used. This information may be collected by us or by a third party service provider on our behalf. This information is collected for statistical and system administration purposes, and to improve our web based services. It does not readily identify individuals, and we will not attempt to identify individuals from the records our server generates unless it is necessary to do so for law enforcement purposes.
We may also use “cookies” to assign your device a user ID. A cookie is a small piece of information that is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies contain information that allows us to identify your device, understand your use of our websites and set your preferences for future visits. We may use this information to determine whether or not to display standard content. You can configure your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, or disable cookies altogether. These cookies expire when your browser window is closed.
Please note that some of the cookies we use are essential for our websites to operate, and that if you disable cookies altogether you will not be able to use all parts of our website.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
Your data will be processed fairly, lawfully and in an appropriate way.
We will only use personal data for the purpose for which it was collected or for related purposes permitted by law. These uses include (but are not limited to) those set out below.
Information you give to us
We may use this information for the following purposes:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- as Eggzi’ customer or the personnel of customers, or a recipient or sender of goods or services provided by us:
- to provide you with support in relation to the products and services that you request from us;
- to process transactions and send notices to you about your transactions;
- to send administrative or account-related information to you;
- to resolve disputes, collect fees and troubleshoot problems;
- to deliver targeted marketing, service update notices, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences (where this in accordance with the law);
- to the extent permitted by applicable law, permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods and services we feel may interest you (these will be disclosed as opt-in services to you in advance);
- to operate, manage, develop and promote our business and, in particular, our relationship with the organisation you represent (if any) and related transactions;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to protect our business from fraud, money-laundering, breach of confidence, theft of proprietary materials and other financial materials and other financial or business crimes; and
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations and bring and defend legal claims.
Information we collect about you
We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site and customer experience to ensure that content, services and events are presented in the most effective manner for you;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to the extent permitted by applicable law, to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources
We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Eggzi uses personal data to provide, manage and administer the goods and services it provides. In the normal course of our business operations we may disclose personal data to related bodies corporate and statutory entities authorised to access the information.
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- contract service providers, including but not limited to customer service staff, consultants, advisers, IT and internet service providers;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you;
- potential employers (in the case of our Eggzi People business); and
- another entity in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal data you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with the principles described in this Policy.
- In exceptional circumstances:
- to competent regulatory, prosecuting and other governmental agencies, or litigation counter-parties, in any country or territory, or where we are required by law to disclose.
Access, Correction and Retention
We try to ensure that personal data we hold is adequate, relevant, accurate, complete and up to date. You can contact Eggzi if you would like details of personal data which may be held about you.
You have the right to access the personal data we hold about you, and to some related information, under data protection law. You can also require any inaccurate personal information to be updated, corrected or deleted. In certain limited circumstances, you have the right to receive some of the personal information that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit that information to another service provider. You can object to our use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
To ensure the integrity and safety of personal data, Eggzi only discloses the personal data it holds to the individual concerned, their legally authorised representative, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements.
We will keep personal data for as long as is necessary in accordance with our records management policies for the purpose or purposes for which they were collected. We will take all reasonable steps to delete from our systems, all data that is no longer required. Eggzi will delete any personal data we hold about you when it is no longer required and we are legally able to do so.
Note that we may retain some limited information about you even when we know that you have left the organisation that you represent, so that we can maintain a continuous relationship with you.
Storage and Security of Personal Data
Personal data is principally held in electronic databases maintained within Eggzi’s computer network and hosted third party technology tools. Eggzi relies on the security of third party providers to ensure all all information you provide to us is hosted on secure servers and stored in a secure manner.
Eggzi is not responsible for maintaining the security and integrity of third party provided technology platforms and systems.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
We take the security of your data seriously. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with our data security policies. We will maintain data security by protecting the confidentiality, integrity and availability of the personal data we hold.
Use of our Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites that are not owned, operated or endorsed by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of those websites, or for the content, product or services provided by, or contained on, those websites.
Breaches of this Policy
All suspected breaches will be investigated and appropriate disciplinary and remedial action taken. Employees who do not strictly comply with this Policy will face disciplinary action, including counselling, formal warnings and dismissal.
We may amend this Policy from time to time. Updated versions of this Policy will be placed on our website https://www.eggzi.com.au. As the Policy may be amended from time to time, you should review it regularly.
If you would like to gain access to your personal data, or if you wish to voice your concern on any matter to do with either this policy or use of your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org