- 50ml Whiskey
- 35ml Lemon Juice
- 14ml Simple Syrup (2:1)
- 2 Dashes Angostura Bitters
- 16ml Eggzi Bartenders Whites (1/2 egg)
- Handful of Ice (Shaking)
Eggzi Whiskey Sour Cocktail
They believe the whiskey sours were invented on naval ships originally. To deter scurvy, the sailors left port with lots of citrus, but with no refrigeration, so they got inventive with the citrus and the ration of whiskey they were given.
Other varieties similar to the whiskey sour are the Boston sour and the New York sour
Place the whiskey, lemon juice, simple syrup, Angostura and the egg white into the shaker. Put the lid on the shaker and do a dry shake first to emulsify the liquids.
Next place the ice and shake the shaker for about 30 seconds to get the foam happening. Place your ice sphere in the glass, strain the whiskey mix over the ice sphere and finish the sour with a slice of blood orange.
Tips and Hints
- Use a good whiskey, not top shelf whiskey but something reasonable
- If you want a real foam on your whiskey sour then you can do a dry shake(No ice first), then add the ice for a final shake. If your lazy you could get away with one shake.
- Feel free to put your own spin on the Whiskey Sour, get creative